A 70-year old man had visited Sujay’s Dental Care complaining about swollen gums.
The patient had a history of:
- RCT treated i.r.t 21,22
- FPD i.r.t 21,22,23,24,25
- Immediate extraction followed by full mouth rehabilitation using dental implants.
- Preoperative diagnostic impressions and radiographs were made. Mock up was performed.
- Total extraction was performed. Followed by immediate surgical implant placement. Which included six implants each in an upper and lower arch .
- Suture removal was done after a week. 13,24,33,34,44,43 were retained to give a pair of interim fixed partial dentures. Which were extracted after 3 months and 2 more implants were placed.
- Prosthetic phase was scheduled after four months. Radiographs were made. Prosthetic phase of restoration was carried out.
- Primary impressions were made. Open tray implant level impressions were made for the upper and lower arch.
- A jig trial was made. Jaw relations were recorded.
- Try in of the metal framework of the upper and lower arch was carried out.
- Trial of the waxed crowns was done and found satisfactory and accepted by the patient.
- Bisque trial was done and the occlusion was verified.
- The final prosthesis was received after the glaze.
- Upper and lower metal framework were torque and individual crowns were looted over them using glass ionomer luting cement.
- A regular 3 months follow up is advised.