We Follow Evidence Based Dentistry
At Sujay’s Dental Care, a team of caring, highly qualified & experienced dentists follow the most effective approach for treating the patients, i.e., Evidence-Based Dentistry.
What is Evidence-Based Dentistry (EBD)?
EBD is a very structured way of treating patients with the most recent scientific evidence. It is a highly patient-focused approach to provide best personalised dental treatment.
It is an amalgamation of:
- Step-by-step examination of most recent & clinically applicable scientific evidence.
- The dentist’s clinical expertise & solid background of academic knowledge.
- Patient’s treatment needs and preferences.
Thus helping the dentists to take the best treatment decision.
The American Dental Association (ADA) defines Evidence-Based Dentistry (EBD) as:
an approach to oral healthcare that requires the judicious integration of systematic assessments of clinically relevant scientific evidence, relating to the patient’s oral and medical condition and history, with the dentist’s clinical expertise and the patient’s treatment needs and preferences.
It doesn’t mean that the dentists dispose of all the stuff they learned in their academics. But to use the latest available evidence along with their knowledge & expertise in making the best clinical decisions.
How EBD is followed at Sujay’s Dental Care?
In all our decision-making process for patient care, we involve Evidence-based Dentistry. The Steps involved in this process are:
Step 1: We take note of patient’s requirements and concerns.
Step 2: Record the oral and medical history of the patient.
Step 3: Along with their clinical expertise, our dentists use OPG-Xray (Used as evidence to back our decisions – as a part of evidence-based dentistry) to diagnose patient’s oral condition.
Step 4: All treatment options are explained in advance so that our patients can make well-informed decisions.
Step 5: Our team of dentists will consider the most appropriate treatment Plan.
Step 6: After patient’s consent, treatment procedure is undertaken.
Who is benefited from EBD?
- High-Quality treatment will be delivered to patients.
- As there is no trial and error method involved, the patient will get the best and most relevant treatment backed by credible evidence.
- Patient’s trauma is minimised as there is no trial & error method involved.
- Enhances the trust between patients and dentists.
- Helps the patients to make informed decisions.
- Greater confidence among dentists in deciding the treatment plan.
- As the dentists take the decision based on the latest clinically approved evidence, interdental treatment would be easy.
- Wastage of resources is reduced.
- Helps the dentists to consider latest treatments in their practice.
How the traditional patient care was practiced prior to EBD?
- No systematic process was involved while deciding the treatment plan.
- Clinical decisions were based on a dentist’s clinical experience & experts opinion.
- Clinical decisions used to vary from one dentist to other: As clinical expertise & sound knowledge of academics would differ from one dentist to other. So as the treatment methodologies.
- Trail & error method was used due to lack of incorporation of evidence to back their decisions.
- If the patient moved to another dentist for treatment, it was tough to assess the treatment received from a previous dentist.
So, What are you waiting for? Get the best dental treatment based on evidence-based dentistry in Bangalore.