A 30-year old man had visited Sujay’s Dental Care complaining of loose lower front teeth with gum swelling.
Patient had a history of orthodontic alignment of lower teeth and existing fixed retainer on lower anteriors.
- Root canal treatment wrt 41,31,32
- Periapical cyst enucleation wrt 41, 31,32
- Apicoectomy wrt 41,31,32
- MTA and Bone graft placed.
- Fixed orthodontic retainers was given.
- Crowns wrt the lower anteriors
- Preoperative radiographs, CBCT and models were made.
- Root canal treatment was done wrt 31,32,41.
- Full thickness flap was raised on the labial aspect of the mandibular anteriors.
- The periapcal cyst wrt 31,32,41 was enucleated.
- Apicoectomy was done wrt 31,32,41 and MTA was sealed at the apices.
- Bone graft was placed in the defect, membrane was placed and sutured.
- Fixed orthodontic retainer was placed lingually.
- Patient was kept on a regular observation.
- A panoramic radiograph done 4 months postoperatively showed satisfactory healing.
- Crowns were fabricated wrt mandibular incisors.
A regular follow up every 6 months is advised.